Saturday, May 2, 2009

The tree.

When my Dad died, my friends at work gave me a gift of a tree to plant in his honor. So today we went to the nursery to pick out the tree. We drove around in a golf cart to see all the available trees. Jackson had a great time "driving" the cart.We picked out what turned out to be a very large tree. (That is a whole story in itself.)
It took about two hours to dig a hole big enough to accommodate the tree.
Finally we got the tree in the ground. It is a great tribute to my Dad. I'll always think of him when I enjoy its shade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great gift idea. You never told me this story. Love the pic of Charlie in his overalls. Who knew a lawyer could own a pair of overalls??! ; )

KLL said...

Diane, I had no idea your dad passed away. I am so sorry. I wish you would have let me know. My heart goes out to you and your family. I know how close you were. My most sincere sympathies.